Pacquiao vs Margarito | Pacquiao Fight Updates

Latest news and updates of Pacquiao fights.

Pacquiao Down Hatton

Saturday, May 2, 2009 - It was two rounds of brutal action and a two round blowout for Filipino sensation Manny “The Pacman” Pacquiao as he walked through, around, and all over Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (45-2 with 32 KOs). It was a crowning achievement for Pacquiao who became the first man to beat Hatton.

Cotto Beats Clottey

Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Miguel Cotto retained his welterweight title with a split-decision win over Joshua Clottey. Cotto is now 34-1 (27 KOs), Clottey 35-3 (20 KOs). Cotto recorded the fight's only knockdown when he caught Clottey with a hard left jab in the final 15 seconds of the first round.

Bookmark and Share

Shane Mosley will fight Manny Pacquiao at terms Floyd Mayweather reportedly won't agree on

It's beginning to look like former six-time world champion and Grand Rapids native Floyd Mayweather might need to take a number to get in line for an opportunity to meet current pound-for-pound boxing champ Manny Pacquiao inside the ropes.

The speculation about a matchup between Pacquiao and Shane Mosley is heating up, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The 37-year-old Mosley isn't pulling any punches about making it happen.

He said he'd be willing to accept the lesser amount of a 60-40 split of the purse -- something former pound-for-pound champ Mayweather has refused -- and even agreed to a catch weight in the neighborhood of 144 pounds to clinch the deal, the Times reported.

"It's a worldwide fight, and I've met a lot of his demands to make this fight," Mosley said. "I just want to show now that I'm the best pound-for-pound best in the world. That's why I want this, to prove I'm the best fighter out there, even at this age. He's the best fighter, I'm the best welterweight.

"I can't see why I won't be in the ring with him."

In response, Pacquiao sent a press release to the Times indicating all options remain open about choosing his next opponent.

He left a lot of wiggle room, however, for his promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, to pursue negotiations with Mosley.

"I have not heard from my promoter or seen any contract or fight detail," Pacquiao said. "So, there is no fight yet. I am flattered the great Shane Mosley is now going after me by any means. I am not closing the door on any negotations, though, and I trust my promotional and training team to make the best decision for me."

He also used the press release to take a jab at Mayweather.

"I am not blaming people for coming up with ideas to lure me to fight them. I have said it before and I will say it again, I will not run away from a great fight," Pacquiao said. "Floyd Mayweather is even using reverse psychology, saying he will not agree to fight me for a 50-50 (split of the) purse.

"Of course, everyone wants to fight me."

Mayweather is set to fight Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Arum said recently there's little chance of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight later this year since he didn't think it would be enough time for Mayweather to recover from his bout against Marquez, provided he wins, and still be able to properly prepare to meet Pacquiao.

Pacquiao has expressed a desire to fight again Oct. 17.

He and trainer Freddie Roach repeatedly have stated they will wait until after the Miguel Cotto-Joshua Clottey fight June 13 in New York to announce their next opponent. It might end up being Mosley, Cotto or perhaps the winner of the Mayweather-Marquez clash.

Yet, more and more, it appears Mosley already has gotten a number much closer to the front of the line.

http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

pacquiao vs hatton

manny pacquiao vs ricky hatton

manny pacquaio

pound for pound king