Pacquiao vs Margarito | Pacquiao Fight Updates

Latest news and updates of Pacquiao fights.

Pacquiao Down Hatton

Saturday, May 2, 2009 - It was two rounds of brutal action and a two round blowout for Filipino sensation Manny “The Pacman” Pacquiao as he walked through, around, and all over Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (45-2 with 32 KOs). It was a crowning achievement for Pacquiao who became the first man to beat Hatton.

Cotto Beats Clottey

Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Miguel Cotto retained his welterweight title with a split-decision win over Joshua Clottey. Cotto is now 34-1 (27 KOs), Clottey 35-3 (20 KOs). Cotto recorded the fight's only knockdown when he caught Clottey with a hard left jab in the final 15 seconds of the first round.

Bookmark and Share

Antonio Margarito targets September return, Mosley, Pacquiao (and Jose Canseco?)

It’s either that Antonio Margarito is absolutely telling the truth or he’s an absolute guiltless liar. I am one who would hold judgment on a fellow man, but if you base it on statistics, athletes who have been accused and proven guilty of cheating have a knack at lying too. (ehem, Mark McGuire ehem it’s another hit Barry Bonds) Who knows though? Margarito may very well be telling the truth.


Seemingly without pause or being bothered by his conscience, Margarito insists of his innocence regarding the hand-wrapping incident that has put a hold on the former welterweight champion’s boxing career. In an article that first appeared on ESTO, Margarito was quoted saying he expects to return to ring action as early as September.

"I have not stopped training because this month I will get my license given back to me by The California Athletic Commission," Margarito said. "My lawyers are working on that now. I will reappear in September. In the coming week my company will let me know who will be my rival. I would like a ten round fight and then next fight for a world title."
Margarito has washed his once “Plaster of Paris” loaded hands of any guilt and claimed to have no knowledge of whatever substance his trainer Javier Capetillo applied on his fists while wrapping it. Capetillo is also serving a suspension from the incident.

Surely it’s such a convenient excuse to “blame the help”, but some parties have been more willing to believe Margarito’s stance. Back in April, Manny Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach was interviewed by my peers at FightHype on a video posted on YouTube (click here to see the video) and said that Margarito pleaded with him and promised him that he had nothing to do with the hand-wrapping incident, Roach in response said that he would like to believe Margarito and that Margarito was almost in tears when he spoke to him and that he would consider training the “Tijuana Tornado”. Roach even remarked that he would help Margarito get his license back from the California Athletic Commission "I believe him, I would like to help him" and added “with my reputation maybe they’ll be lenient.” With that said however, Roach also said “I don’t trust anybody in boxing”. If Margarito indeed was aware of the incident, like me and a lot of people think, Roach said "he should be banned for life."

When asked who he would like to fight in his return, Margarito added,

"I do not have a preference, but I want revenge against Mosley," Margarito continued. "I could also fight [Miguel] Cotto (again) or Manny Pacquiao because Mexico would love a Mexican to defeat the Filipino, and that will be Antonio Margarito."

Lost in all the controversy though is the fact that “Sugar” Shane Mosley simply annihilated Margarito when they squared off in the ring last January. Realistically, with the hand-wrapping controversy still surrounding him and the pummeling he received from Mosley, a high-profile Margarito is a tough sell right now.

There is one fight out there for Margarito that can sell and since I’ll be the first to say anything about it, I would gladly volunteer my services to promote the fight. Since he is coming off a loss in his last fight as well and has been accused and proven of cheating too, Margarito should fight Jose Canseco. I can see the slogan now; “Margarito vs Canseco: Cheater Takes All”. How about that fight fans?


http://www.examiner.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

pacquiao vs hatton

manny pacquiao vs ricky hatton

manny pacquaio

pound for pound king