Pacquiao vs Margarito | Pacquiao Fight Updates

Latest news and updates of Pacquiao fights.

Pacquiao Down Hatton

Saturday, May 2, 2009 - It was two rounds of brutal action and a two round blowout for Filipino sensation Manny “The Pacman” Pacquiao as he walked through, around, and all over Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (45-2 with 32 KOs). It was a crowning achievement for Pacquiao who became the first man to beat Hatton.

Cotto Beats Clottey

Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Miguel Cotto retained his welterweight title with a split-decision win over Joshua Clottey. Cotto is now 34-1 (27 KOs), Clottey 35-3 (20 KOs). Cotto recorded the fight's only knockdown when he caught Clottey with a hard left jab in the final 15 seconds of the first round.

Bookmark and Share

World's most dangerous, Randall Bailey, not stalking Pacquiao

Diogenes walked the streets of ancient Greece carrying his lamp. He strolled in search of an honest man.


My own search has been to discover a fighter in the 140 to 147 pound area who is not pounding the table demanding a fight with the world’s most feared boxer in that weight category, Manny Pacquiao. My search has ended.

I’m not Bill Kurtis. I haven’t discovered the Internet but I have located the world’s most dangerous fighter between junior welterweight and welterweight.

His name is Randall Bailey, he hits a lot harder than Pinoy Idol Pacman with a single punch, and he has a connection to the Philippines and some insight into what has fueled Manny’s phenomenal drive and success.

So how come, Mr. Bailey? How come you’re not screaming, ranting and raving about getting a get rich quick bout against Pacman?

“Nah, I don’t need all that,” the easy-going Miami-based former world champion and now Number 1 contender told me. “I don’t need to have the IRS come looking for me.

“Look, I would love to fight Manny Pacquiao and who wouldn’t? But I’m not one of the big, big names out there. I don’t bring the money like that. I’ve got to get mine on my own,” Bailey said.

Bailey, 34, has had a Hard Knock Life in boxing. He’s had his ups and downs and, along the way, he has stitched together a quite stunning record of 39-6 with 35 knockouts.

Since getting stopped by Miguel Cotto in 2004, Bailey has gone on a run of 11 victories in 12 bouts. His last bout, a four round KO over Frankie Figueroa, was nothing short of sensational.

They don’t refer to the Floridian as the “KO King” for nothing.

Bailey, now handled by promoter Lou DiBella, is a mandatory challenger for IBF champion Juan “Last Tango” Urango. The muscular southpaw is no slouch but it would no surprise if Bailey flatten him because he can flatten anybody.


Banger Bailey doesn’t see Pacquiao as superhuman or invincible. He does, however, respect his temperament and the love affair that Pacman has with his devoted fans.

Bailey, who has visited Davao and Manila, has seen Pacmania up close and personal.

“Manny is humble, it’s no act,” Bailey said. “I think that goes a long way with the people. That plays a big part in a person’s mind. Manny is not some athlete who puts pressure on himself.

“Manny doesn’t walk around acting like some big gashole. He doesn’t think that people should be bowing to him.”
Bailey said he even felt “some love” when he visited the Philippines.

“Oh, yeah,” Bailey said. “I was walking in Manila and people are shouting, ‘Hey, Randall Bailey.’ They are great boxing fans. They knew who I was. I truly enjoyed being over. I had a lot of fun.”

As for me, I’ve put the lamp back in the barn.

I’m Michael Marley and I’ve just found a top junior welterweight—the most dangerous one on the planet—and he is not begging for a fight against Pacquiao.

Take that, Diogenes. I don’t know what a Grecian earns but I know I am grossly underpaid.

It doesn’t take a bright lamp to figure that out.


http://www.examiner.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

pacquiao vs hatton

manny pacquiao vs ricky hatton

manny pacquaio

pound for pound king