Pacquiao vs Margarito | Pacquiao Fight Updates

Latest news and updates of Pacquiao fights.

Pacquiao Down Hatton

Saturday, May 2, 2009 - It was two rounds of brutal action and a two round blowout for Filipino sensation Manny “The Pacman” Pacquiao as he walked through, around, and all over Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (45-2 with 32 KOs). It was a crowning achievement for Pacquiao who became the first man to beat Hatton.

Cotto Beats Clottey

Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Miguel Cotto retained his welterweight title with a split-decision win over Joshua Clottey. Cotto is now 34-1 (27 KOs), Clottey 35-3 (20 KOs). Cotto recorded the fight's only knockdown when he caught Clottey with a hard left jab in the final 15 seconds of the first round.

Bookmark and Share

Vic Darchinyan wants to fight Manny Pacquiao

Add Vic Darchinyan to the list of Manny Pacquiao suitors.

Undisputed super-flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan has his eyes set on a Filipino champion. No, his name is not Nonito Donaire Jr. Instead, Darchinyan has stated his desire to step in the ring with greatest Filipino boxer that ever lived, Manny Pacquiao.
Unlike other boxers however who have called Pacquiao out and chose to disrespect him, Darchinyan has nobler intentions in why he want to meet the Pound-forPound king in the ring. In a report published by my fellow writer Stoker Macintosh of Bleacher Report wrote:

In an ESPN interview recently, he (Darchinyan) stated that his intentions are to keep moving up the ladder until he meets Manny Pacquiao.

Showing uncommon respect, Darchinyan stated that his reasoning for wanting to fight Pacman is not that he thinks he can beat him, but that it has more to do with the greatness of the Filipino superstar.

“he (Pacquiao) is the best, and I want to fight the best!"

Darchinyan is moving up to the bantamweight division to face IBF bantamweight champ Joseph Agbeko from Ghana in Florida on July 11. “The Raging Bull” who fell to “The Filipino Flash” in 2007 for the lone loss of his career via- knockout of the year fashion, has been on a warpath lately with victories over the best competition the lower weight classes has to offer. His victims compose of Dmitri Kirilov, Christian Mijares and Jorge Arce. Any boxing expert would tell you that right there is a nice trio to be under your resume.

"Maybe I will stay for a year at bantamweight and unify the titles, but eventually I want to move up and to win more world championships at different weights," Darchinyan said. "I want to go down in the history of boxing."

"People are talking trash because I am moving up to bantamweight saying that my power isn't going to be enough, but that's why I want to be in the US and be more focused on my training and show the world my power is more than enough for bantamweight," Darchinyan said.

If Darchinyan seriously wants to face Pacquiao however, his power better be there way beyond the bantamweight division. Almost taking out a page from Pacquiao’s book, Darchinyan is now training to diversify his fighting arsenal.

"Everyone knows I've got a lot of power in my left, now during my sparring I'm more focused on my right, which is very powerful now too; also, my sparring partners are saying that I am punching much harder now with my right." stated Darchinyan.


http://www.mannypacquiao.ph/

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

pacquiao vs hatton

manny pacquiao vs ricky hatton

manny pacquaio

pound for pound king